Posted: 6:53 am Wednesday, February 1st, 2017
When it comes to making appetizers, I’m all about them being as easy as possible as I still have to make the main dish and possibly dessert. These could not be easier or tastier! They were gone in my house in 5 minutes.
The only problem I found with them was that I ate so much I made myself sick….but it was so worth it! I probably ate half of these. As usual, I called one of the kids to help me with this while I was making the main course. Alex came down and made some homemade ranch dip for the wings and wedge salad, she also warmed up the cream cheese to spread on the jalapeno halves. It makes me so happy when one of the kids helps me with dinner. The time with them and the talks are invaluable.
Here is the recipe….like I said – SUPER EASY!
- 1 block of cream cheese (softened) (or 2 depending on how big jalapenos are)
- 12 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and membranes removed
- 24 thin slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. I even put a cooling rack in there so that the grease from the bacon drips down.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the cream cheese. Wrap each stuffed pepper with a slice of bacon. Arrange bacon-wrapped peppers on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bacon is crispy, about 20 minutes.
That is it! I told you, easy! You can also add some cheddar cheese and mix with cream cheese, but I don’t like the extra grease from the cheddar. Its all about what you like. Dont forget to share the recipe and let me know how it came out for you!